One of the major reasons for David entering this race is his concern with the amount of debt and unfunded liabilities our Federal legislators have amassed over the past decade. One of the worst decisions our elected officials made was to bail out banks and other special interests, at the expense of the American taxpayer.
- No bailouts. Companies must live and die by their own merits.
- No special perks. Whether big or small, the rules should be the same.
- No excessive regulations. Don’t strangle our economy with ideology.
- No cap on liability. Companies should be responsible for their actions.
- Tax reform. End the income tax.
- Industrial hemp. Allow our farmers to grow a versatile, viable crop here in America.
Our founding documents recognize that all people are created equal, and that all people have inalienable human rights. David will take the oath of office seriously, and protect those inalienable rights as guaranteed by our Constitution.
- End domestic spying. A warrant should be required for any domestic surveillance.
- End state marriage. Consenting adults do not need permission from government.
- End the drug war. Prohibition is costly, in dollars and in liberty, and unsuccessful.
- Immigration reform. Peaceful people should be allowed to move freely, with minimal interference.
While complex in nature, our foreign policy over the past decade has not made us safer, and has been extremely costly for the taxpayers. It is important to protect our people within our borders from outside invasion, but it is immoral to spend our children’s money to protect foreign dictators for corporate gain.
- Non-intervention. Keep our nose out of the business of other nations.
- Respect other cultures. We would not want other cultures pushed onto us.
- Free trade. Trade is the best way to ensure peaceful international relations.